Who we are
Our website address is: http://mytutorialcentre.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Our Websites’ servers do not automatically recognize specific information about individual users on our Websites. In addition, our servers do not automatically record information regarding a User’s e- mail address unless the User supplies it.
The User-supplied information collected through the registration process, surveys or other similar vehicles is used to improve the content of our sites, or used for our marketing purposes. It is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes unless specifically stated herein.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
When you access the Websites and/or use of any product/services offered by Mytutorialcentre, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed).
We may use this non-personal data and share it within Mytutorialcentre to monitor the attractiveness of the Websites and improve their performance or content.
For example, we may collect:
- Device information— such as your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type and settings, such as language and available font settings, and settings of the device you use to access our Websites.
- Location information— such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s global positioning system (GPS) signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain services.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Your personal information will be used for the purposes for which you provided it to Mytutorialcentre.
Additonally we may use your personal information for the purposes set out below. Please note that not all of the uses below will be relevant to every consumer.
- Account & membership maintenance, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account
- To conduct consumer insight studies
- Customer service
- Product improvement and customization
- Consumer engagement
- Contests and other promotions
- Marketing communication
- Third party social networking, which may be integrated in our sites or applications for the purposes of running contests, allowing you to share content with friends and etc
- Website improvement and personalization
- Website community features such as sharing pictures, videos, artwork or other messages or content
- Website viral features, which allow you to easily share certain news, product information, promotions, wish list items, or other content with family members and friends (typically using names and email addresses)
- Order fulfilment
- Other general purposes (e.g. website security, internal research, etc)
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
- Mytutorialcentre personnel discover a possible breach of private information.
- Immediately, alleged breach is reported to Malaysian Communications And Multimedia Commission. To report a breach, lodge is done through MCMC complaint portal
- Liaising with MCMC officers in charged between the complainant for information. Officers in charge (IO) investigates alleged breach event as quickly as possible.
- Mytutorialcentre drafts standard notification letter to individuals affected by breach and sends letters per applicable legal requirements.
- In addition to legally required notifications, MCMC will identifies whether other actions are required to remedy the effects of the breach (e.g. identify theft protection, notification to third parties, etc.) The IO also identifies other institutional process deficiencies that must be addressed. If so, IO works with affected groups to ensure their work processes are modified to avoid similar, future breaches. Also, IO notifies Mytutorialcentre of any employment policy violations so that appropriate corrective action may be taken.
- A breach incident is closed when IO drafts a Breach Report, an internal record which shall be considered a confidential document. The IO shall share the breach report, at its discretion, with parties that were involved in the incident, as well as appropriate leadership. The breach report shall include at least all of the following items, to the extent the information is available:
- Date and time the breach was detected
- Physical location, system, and university services involved in breach
- Department or office responsible for the system or service
- Type and scope of data which was compromised
- Brief overview of the vulnerability that contributed to the breach
- Potential impact to individuals and/or campus operations and resources
- Summary of response activities
- IO collects each Breach Report and may use the report to fulfill legal reporting obligations to appropriate federal agencies. Additionally, appropriate offices shall maintain records for purposes of compliance with privacy-related laws.